The end of summer is momentous for a lot of families. For parents of athletes, however, the summer is also a time of reaching big goals and achieving new milestones. Whether you are a member of a high school cross country team whose combined miles reached more than 10 miles this summer or you are a parent of a little girl who took a real interest in throwing a pink football around the front yard, the end of summer and the beginning of a school year is a major transition.
Just because summer is coming to an end, however, does not mean you have to give up on all of your fitness and activity goals. For middle school and high school students, it is especially important to make sure that they stay as active as possible.
As both parents and teachers search for ways to make sure that both children and students stay as healthy as possible. Whether it takes pink footballs or lime green soccer balls, there are many people working on the latest ways to keep kids active at least 30 minutes a day.
Sports Hand Gloves and Football Grip Gloves Help Athletes Play Their Best
Not surprising, just as there are young students and kids learning new interest in many sports, there are also many experienced athletes who are searching for a way to make sure that they are perfecting their skills. For this reason, there are a number of products that can help athletes like golfers and football players get a better grip.
Consider some of these interesting facts and figures about golf and football and some of the more interesting records that athletes have achieved:
- 375 feet is the longest put ever made.
- Eight to 13 degrees is the typical loft angle of a driver.
- Golf is one of the only two sports ever played on the moon.
- In order to meet NFL standards, any official game football must be deflated or inflated to 13.0 PSI.
- Regulation golf balls must have a diameter of more than 1.680 inches and weigh less than 1.620 ounces.
- Equaling about 780 footballs per NFL team, Wilson Sporting Goods provides the NFL with almost 25,000 official game footballs.
Whether you are a young girl getting ready for the first day of the new school year or you are retired, it is important to find a way to stay active and healthy.
Great references here.