Snow mobile dealers and companies that deal with dirt bike equipment are often dependent on the weather to make sure that they are successful. Great weather can equate to great sales, but bad weather can drop sales numbers to disappointingly low levels. The important thing in all of these businesses is creating a customer base that will return for new models and accessories no matter what time of the year that it is. Dirt bike owners who spend time tinkering in the garage and pay as much attention to having the right dirt bike equipment during the winter play a large role in the industry. Much like snowmobiling fans and boating enthusiasts, the owners who are always thinking about the next outing, even if it is a few months away, are the best customers.
As more and more Americans benefit from the improved economy, it should come as no surprise that there are a growing number of consumers who are looking at purchasing recreational vehicles that they can use in their free time. Families with children, for instance, often travel with their own dirt bike equipment or other motorized toys when they travel.
In fact, many families plan their vacations around their hobbies. From fishing to trail riding to snowmobiling, there are a growing number of families that make an investment and then plan vacations so they can make the most of their purchases. Families that invest in big boats for water skiing, for example, often like to experience more than just the local lake. A family vacation that allows them to travel and dock their boat at a rental property allows them to make the most of the investment that they made in their boat.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the recreational industries that are centered around boats, snowmobiles, and dirt bike equipment:
- Just under 41,000 all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) were sold to customers in the U.S. between January and March of 2017.
- There were 118,657 snowmobiles sold worldwide, with 50,659 sold in the U.S. and 44,161 were sold in Canada, last year.
- 100,000 full-time jobs are generated by the snowmobile industry in North America.
- There are currently over 1.2 million registered snowmobiles in the U.S. and over 600,000 registered snowmobiles in Canada.
- Global spending on motorsports sanctioning bodies, teams, and tracks was projected to total $5.58 billion in the year 2016, a number that would have represented a 2.8% increase from the year 2015.
Dirt biking, motorcycling, and other recreational vehicles are the driving force in a small segment of the nation’s economy, but they also play an important factor in the vacations that many families take. Dealerships that find a way to serve these customers year round are the ones that are the most successful, even when the weather is not cooperating. From used boats for sale to the latest dirt bike models, it is always important to make sure that dealers are ready to provide the service that all of their customers need.